Started by DrCustUmz
  • 15 replies

DrCustUmz

-GiЯ

Seen
Joined Oct 2020
Administrator Post

vBulletin 3.8.13 with PHP 7.4 support!

This is NOT a nulled version of vBulletin, in fact this is NOT even a complete version of vBulletin. I understand this is a violation of vBulletin.com's agreement (redistributing files) although, they no longer support their product and users of the vBulletin 3 series deserve updates!

This is a package of every file I have updated to give vBulletin 3 PHP 7.4 Support, along with various other fixes.

I have also updated the AdminCP version check, and News so you will be up to date on any changes brought to vBulletin DRC Edition.

IMPORTANT:
- Before upgrading turn your board off, and disable EVERY product!
- After upgrade, enable products 1 by 1 and check for errors.
- I can NOT guarantee your products will work under PHP 7.4, you may have to live without something.
- If you discover an incompatible product please report it.
- Do not ask me to update a product for free, I have many projects I am working on. If you'd like to hire me to update a product PM Me.

In order to use these files:
- Download vBulletin 3.8.11 from vBulletin.com's member area
- Copy the contents of this archive, overwriting the contents of the official archive.

Installing / Upgrading:
- Just like any other version of vBulletin.
Install: yoursite.com/install/install.php
Upgrade: yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php
If you need me to do the update for you there is a $75 USD fee which is only half of what vBulletin.com would charge you.

Some notable changes: Other than the nitty gritty of upgrading for PHP 7.4 support
- Google Adsense Publisher ID is now an option
vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Google AdSense Publisher ID Once set you can adjust your AdSense options as normal.
- Chrome is now a detected browser.
- WYSIWYG Editor now works in Chrome!
- Admin CP News works how it always has, except now news is pulled from dirtrif.com. Allowing you to stay up to date on any changes.
- Version check is also now pulled from dirtrif.com so you are alerted if there is a new update.

If you wish to contribute to this project please send me a PM.

Donate to this project
Report bugs here

DrCustUmz

-GiЯ

Seen
Joined Oct 2020
Administrator Post

vBulletin 3.8.14 Update

- Replaced reCaptcha with reCAPTCHA v2
- Revision number now indicated in file
- class_mail.php
- functions_wysiwyg.php

wangyu1314

Age 45
Seen
Joined Feb 2021
Thank you, man.

DrCustUmz

-GiЯ

Seen
Joined Oct 2020
Administrator Post
No problem, hope it serves you well. I have a lot to fix up here on DRC before beginning what I have planned for the next revision.

puertoblack2003

Beyond

Seen
Joined Dec 2020
so far so good upgrade without any issues.

DrCustUmz

-GiЯ

Seen
Joined Oct 2020
Administrator Post
Glad to hear, if any errors pop up for anyone (that are not related to a product) please let me know here (for now), I have addressed 2 of them that I have found since the release of 3.8.13 which have been fixed in 3.8.14

lange

Seen
Joined Mar 2021
Thanks!

I will install and test later this on my test website.

DrCustUmz

-GiЯ

Seen
Joined Oct 2020
Administrator Post
project tools has been implemented, I am setting up the section for any bug reports now.

https://dirtrif.com/project.php?projectid=1

JorgeM

Seen
Joined Mar 2021
Excellent, thanks for your good work.

bosss

Seen
Joined Mar 2021
Can not get this to work!